The sun will bring back treasures for us
We've been to a few places in the past year. We have been to Belmar and Isla Mujeres. We made it to Chincoteague but we didn't see the swimming ponies. We went to Woodstock and endured well water showers and overcame bear-nerves. Also Moosebeck!, where we listened to Vivaldi in a pseudo hobbit house. Sometimes we don't go too far. We went to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and counted over a dozen rabbits. That was a good trip.
It's not always adventure. At home, he's witnessed my walking into doorways several times weekly and sat through many demonstrations on "the proper way" to do a booty dance. He's endured several marathon viewings of America's Next Top Model AND Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School. And amazingly, he hasn't run away screaming. Even when I argue about bands we love. Apparently, he's cool with that.
This mix is for Jeremy.* Some of these songs are very familiar and have been chosen for their familiarity and some not so much, but I think they will make him laugh.
D + J = 4 Mix**
1. Be Here To Love Me/Townes Van Zandt (mp3)
2. Untitled/Interpol (mp3)
3. I Love You More Than Words Can Say/Otis Redding (mp3)
4. Abba Zabba/Captain Beefheart (mp3)
5. One Thing (Album version)/Amerie (mp3)
6. Like a Hurricane (Unplugged)/Neil Young (mp3)
7. Backdrifts/Radiohead (mp3)
8. Thirteen/Big Star (mp3)
9. You Really Got A Hold On Me/Bring It On Home To Me/The Zombies (mp3)
10. Rings/The Muggabears (mp3)
11. You Done My Brain In/Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band (mp3)
12. You Came Through/PJ Harvey (mp3)
13. Live With Me/The Rolling Stones (mp3)
14. Need Your Love So Bad/Little Willie John (mp3)
15. Love Machine (Live Lounge)/Arctic Monkeys (mp3)
16. Ojala/Silvio Rodriguez (mp3)
17. To Love Somebody/Nina Simone (mp3)
18. You're So Great/Blur (mp3)
19. Yellow/Petra Haden and Bill Frissell (mp3)
Feliz aniversario mi monito.
* Considering my feelings for the gent, this mix could've been WAY cheesier. I was this close to including R.Kelly's You Remind Me of My Jeep.
Besides, this mix also includes songs about unrequited love, bad love and baboon love.
** These mp3s, for understandable reasons, will only be available for a VERY limited time. If you like a song, email me, I'll tell you where you can buy the album.