3.05.2007

It's The End of the World

Hi,

この世の限り-Kono Yo no Kagiri- (The World's Limit)

If I ever met my doom in a poetic Tarantino bloodbath, I'd wanna draw my last slow motion gasp to this song.

I am shamelessly in love so I am selfishly pushing it on you. It's by Shiina Ringo. It's bilingual. That's her older brother, Junpei, singing with her. If I ever recorded a song with my sibling, I'd want it to be just like this one singular sensation.

Or, eh, anything off the "Pete's Dragon" soundtrack (with the exception of that Candle on the Water drek)

I've been waiting for a Showa-Tei, footlight parade, Oh-So-Quietish number from Shiina since she let Tokya Ska Paradise cover "Sid and the Daydream". She almost met my needs with "Invisible Man" on Tokyo Jihen's ADULT but no, I didn't envision the chorus line, the mirrored stairs, the fireworks or Daddy Warbucks until this one.

This will stop your show. Suddenly, I don't care that it's allergy season and I can't breathe worth a damn.

The song is off her latest album "Heisei Fuuzoku". When I fall out of love with this track, I'll tell you about the rest.

Here's a romanization/translation of the Japanese. I'm not-so-covertly hoping Tavie will like it enough to learn it so we can sing together.

Kono you ni kagiri wa aru no?
moshimo hate ga mieta nara

dou yatte warau ka tanoshimou ka
mou yari tsukushita ne

jaa nando datte wasureyou
soshite mata atarashiku deaereba subarashii
sayounara
hajimemashite

ENGLISH:
Is there any limit to this world?
And if in fact we've seen the end
How could we ever laugh or enjoy ourselves again?
We've already exhausted everything, haven't we?

So, let's forget each other countless times
And when we meet again, it will be wonderful
Goodbye
Nice to meet you



I need some "Mucus-Be-Gone". In an elephant sized hypodermic. Applied directly to my sinuses. Woe betide me.

Gotta find a distraction.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger d said...

No mp3?

10:19 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I sent you one.

But I'm not sure how/where to upload them anymore. My storage is gone.

5:24 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Tavie said...

If you send it to me I'll put it on my ftp space.

But, bunny, I don't think I'm capable of learning a Japanese song. I actually studied "Aoi Hitomi", trying to learn it before you left so I could sing it to you. Nada. I have it on my iPod, I've listened to it a thousand times, but I just can't learn the words.

8:46 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I did send it to you. I sent it to you last night. Did you get it yet? =/ Maybe it didn't work. I'll try again.

Aoi Hitomi is pretty long. Your words don't even have to be precise? And it's a pretty simple tune. You could just read it off a paper.

2:25 AM, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like that Shiina song, I suggest you go down to your local Book Off Hard Off and pick up some Kome Kome Club CDs. Very good, very cheap used. You can probably find some Shiina Ringo singles at a discount. I recommend Honnou (with her dressed as a nurse on the cover) and Mayonaka no Junketsu (her with a hat and strange eyes on the cover). Her B sides on these singles are great, too. I also recommend "Da Yo Ne" by East End X Yuri.

- X-Niigata JET

10:10 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend Kome Kome Club. You can pick up their CDs cheap at your local Book Off. Lots of horns, like Kid Creole. You might also find some Shiina Ringo singles. Honnou and Mayonaka no Junketsu (w/ TYO SKA Paradise O) are great, even the B sides.

X- Niigata JET

10:13 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Kirsten said...

You were in Niigata?

12:35 AM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Hahaha! East End x Yuri! I remember them! I liked that song MA II KA.

12:48 AM, March 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home