2.28.2007

We wanna see it all explode

Dear friends,

Meet Olga Bell.


I've written about her here, here, here and on lipstick kissed napkins that I slipped in your pocket when you weren't looking. This time, in place of words and dubious deeds, I have some pictures.



photos by Eric Lippe


When she and I started corresponding in May of last year, she had no band. This was a problem since I had fallen head over heels with her Moon River cover and wanted to hear that voice live. So much so that I decided that the first Neon Lights show HAD to include her. Luckily for me, she had a band by December and agreed to play.

What more can I say? She is my favorite canary.

Songs to seek:

Moon River/Bell (mp3)
Housefire/Bell (mp3)
Echinacea/Bell (mp3)
Clementine (Live @ Neon Lights)/Bell (mp3)

If you have not been badgered by me within an inch of your life to go see her and/or capitulated to said badgering, please do so this Thursday at Savoir Faire presents at Fontana's. She and her crack band, known collectively as Bell, will be performing with The Lisps, The Subway Band and Scary Mansion. The Sluts will be DJing. Go!

Love, D

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those bell pictures are gorgeous!

11:23 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger shane said...

Argh! Is there any way of reposting or mailing two of those songs (Clementine and Housefire)? I would be so happy. Really really happy.

thetorturegarden@gmail.com


:)

11:09 AM, May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home