12.19.2006

Nothing can stand in our way

LATE EDITION NOTE: Today an anonymous reader pointed out that I don't know my right from my left and had tagged the photos below incorrectly. To all of you who were confused and thought that the bass player in Bell's name was Olga or that Marina from The Ballet's name was Greg, my apologies. It's fixed now!

Dear friends,

1. Matt Earfarm, who ultimately chose to hug rather than fight his DJ opponent Colleen Crumbcake, wrote a very nice re-cap of the Neon Lights presents...* inaugural show HERE.

Also, if you're still not trusting my rabid frothing over Bell, this is what Rachael Underrated, whose 'The Blog Show' on Breakthru Radio you really need to check out STAT, had to say:

"...was there in time to see Bell, a female singer/songwriter donned with a keyboard and a very Regina Spektor-esque voice. I thought she was, in short, fabulous. Extremely likeable in her presence and with a voice that echoed throughout the small stage, I think everyone there was pretty captivated. It was catchy with a certain charm. As Borat would say: very nice..."

True dat.

Check Merry Swankster on Thursday, as the non-foot-in-mouth half of the Neon Lights team, Jeff K, will tell you about his side of the night which I'm sure did not include "freak dancing" on the Delancey stairs with members of our crowd. And uh, club staff.

(Clears throat. Randomly moves papers on desk.)

Some photos of the Neon Lights presents... show courtesy of Devon B. Enjoy!


BELL (l-r: Olga, Jason, Mike)


LISMORE (l-r: Penelope, Ingrid)


THIEVES LIKE US (l-r: Björn, Andy, Pontus)


THE BALLET (l-r: Greg, Ginger, Marina)

2. Sorry, it's been on my mind!

Magic/Olivia Newton-John



Love, D

* Oh yes, befriend us on My Space! I keep forgetting to say that!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i didn't stay longer but i'm so glad i got to see your fav. she was fantasic! hope to see you guys planning some more shows ;)

3:00 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger d said...

thanks rachael! we're coming back on friday, february 17th with one of our favorite bands who'll have a new album to present...stay tuned!

3:22 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r-l? you mean l-r?

11:25 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger d said...

ha! oops. that's right. in addition to having hysterical blindness, I'm also dyslexic. (it's true, I always make a scribbling motion with my right hand, as in write, to remember that that's my right) thanks anonymous.

11:31 AM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home