12.15.2006

And at the fall of night this city's made of lights (LATE EDITION)

Dear friends,

1. Because like, DUH!

Flyer

This beautiful flyer is by Jessica Martins, of local faves Via Audio. I have just found out that she will be joining Bell onstage tonight. I know I've been telling you that you shouldn't miss Bell's set at 8PM, and now you have further incentive, no?

2. Because he is definitely the better writer of the Neon Lights presents... team, be sure to read Jeff K's handy profiles on Bell, Lismore, Thieves Like Us and his interview with Greg Goldberg from The Ballet, which features the question, "There are collaborations on the (Mattachine!) album from members of Voxtrot, The Baskervilles, and The Aislers Set. How did these come about?" I actually read that and went, "Huh, I did not know that. How did that come about?" Out loud. Like an ass.

3. Because you know how I like to say, "If you see me, say hello?" Do it!

4. Because if you're friends with me you already know that if I don't see you tonight, I'm going to call you a pussy next time we meet and punch you in the arm.

5. Because I'm classy like that.

6. Because it's the freakin' weekend AND the holiday party zone.

7. Because DJ Earfarm and DJ Colleen Crumbcake have been talking so much schmackity schmack about how they're gonna destroy one another in their epic DJ battle and someone needs to be there to judge the event. Applause-o-meter!

8. Because getting DJ Fluxblog to leave the rural Flux=Rad estate and play a bangin' red alert causin' set is like Christmas and Hanukkah all rolled up in one.

9. Because if you don't love Björk covers, keyboards, sissy pop and getting down, it's not too late to start.

10. Because if you don't know, now you know.

Neon Lights/Kraftwerk



See you tonight!

Love, D

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw shucks d, your writing's swell too, let's form a team! I mean another team. Like badminton or something...

12:24 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger therese said...

Sorry I couldn't make it out on Friday! I have already taken the liberty of punching myself in the arm on your behalf. Ouch.

11:13 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger d said...

I'm afraid the punch can only be delivered by me (cracks knuckles)

11:43 AM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home