11.30.2007

I see a girl who looks like a pearl. I see a pearl of a girl.

Dear friends,

1. I came home from a night out, logged into the computer, Google-imaged Narwhals, then screamed "UNICORN WHALE!" as I pointed at the screen.

3.
Why isn't this magnificent creature on the TV show, Planet Earth? Huh? HUH!?!

4. Sorry, I have lingering belligerence about this.

5. None of these points are connected to Lisa (Take 3) by Cannonball Adderley*. One of my High School English teachers gave me an intro to Jazz mix and this song became the favorite. There's two takes but I prefer #3. The later take has a slight patina of fatigue about it. Take 3 is zippier. Adderley's rising lines at the end are fantastic too, flirtier and more playful. A great song for a brisk walk down city streets, on your way to someone you're really feeling.

Lisa (Take 3)/Cannonball Adderley (mp3)

Adderley considers the Narwhal.

Purchase The Cannonball Adderley Quintet Plus by Cannonball Adderley.

Love, D

* Though the insane train of thought from "rocking a horn" to bebop to Adderley was what prompted this entry. Oh, and David and Lisa was in there as well.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger therese said...

Narwhals! Hee.

1:58 PM, December 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home