8.28.2007

Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

Dear friends,

My cubicle sharer Nicole has left to go back to school. I am sad. I will miss forwarding her inappropriate links to Emo Fan Fic (Thanks Idolator!) only to have her reply, nonplussed, that it's called "Waycest" when people write about the My Chemical Romance brothers going at it. That's gross.

Anywho, N played the same select songs everyday and sang along. Most of them, I shut out.* One track though, Misery Business by Paramore, moved into my skull, made itself at home, decorated until I too was singing along. I tried to resist. I did. But I caved.

I'm not sure what to make of Misery Business other than I'm crazy about it. The female protagonist gloats triumphantly after finally snagging the boy from the manipulative teen skank that first stole his heart. End scene. But...whenever I hear it, I'm never quite convinced. No matter how much she yells about how she didn't mean to brag and how she "Watched his wildest dreams come true/Not one of them involving you" there's this underlying feeling of unease. Almost as if the reality of the situation is that the hussy could take him back anytime she wants, and everything this song is saying is a front. A way to protect herself from the inevitable.

But mostly it's about bitchy high school girls. And it's rad.

Paramore take the wrong turn on the way to the lake

Misery Business/Paramore (mp3)

Misery Business/Paramore (video)

Buy Riot! by Paramore.

Befriend Paramore on My Space.

Love, D

* Particularly one odious track that goes "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definently agree with you! The first time I heard the song I wasn't particularly fond of it, but the more I heard it the more I started to dance and sing along to it without a shred of guilt.

11:49 PM, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home