8.17.2007

I'm afraid my dear that it's never coming

Dear friends,

I'm making a mix based on a book. This book is about a man whose cat goes missing. As it always is in books, this turns out to be a sign of portent. But I'm not going to talk about what happens next because I'm still working on that report.

I am not sure if this Headlights song will make the final playlist but it's in the running. It reminds me of one of the novel's characters; a woman with a ridiculous name and a penchant for anachronistic hairdos. I picture her singing these words. Precise instructions for someone who has lost their way.

Headlights searches for the breadcrumb trail.

Songy Darko/Headlights (mp3)

Buy Kill Them With Kindness by Headlights.

Love, D

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wind Up Bird Chronicle by any chance? When you get to the end tell me what it's about, because when I got to the end I had no idea...

1:21 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger d said...

Oh I got to the end. I'm trying to find a good musical representation for the end of that book. Any suggestions?

1:27 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Tavie said...

The end disappointed, but the journey itself was satisfying.

Can't think of any songs for it though.

7:54 PM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home