8.30.2007

Open up my hand it's empty

Dear friends,

1. Dream One: We are at a party. You're with a circle of people talking about something that I find boring. I suddenly remember being six years-old and bored by a playground game. I do the same thing I did then; I walk away. I go outside. I look up into the sky. There's an eclipse. I can't remember if it will burn my eyes to look but I look anyway. It's beautiful. I run back inside to tell you about it.

2. Dream Two: Someone in the subway has set themselves on fire. Everyone is screaming. It looks like the station right outside Lincoln Center. The 2 or the 3.

3. Dream Three: I am not me. I am someone else. A man at a gas station. He's gotten something on his blue shirt. He is rubbing the stain with a napkin. The part of my brain that's still me tries to tell them that it's best they leave the spot alone. They don't hear.

4. Dream Four: I am sitting at a table. Someone asks to see my ring. I show it to them. Somehow I have failed to notice that it's a large, chunky ring with Spiderman on it. "It's hideous!" I exclaim. They disagree, telling me that it's fine craftsmanship.

5. Dream Five: We are lakeside. I don't know where it is but I'm sitting on the grass and you are next to me, sleeping. I envy your sleep. It seems so blissfully empty. I take your hand, and you don't stir. I lie back on the gray plaid blanket I only own in dreams and look at the evening clouds as they drift lazily overhead.

When I wake up in the morning, our hands are still clasped together. And this song is playing in my head.

Mike, Jonathan and Zach Braff as Nadim in Mancino! The Movie

The Lavender Lake/Mancino (mp3)

Buy Manners Matter by Mancino.

Love, D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger punk ass g said...

Don't you mean to call them all "fragments" (said in a pretentious pseudo-Brittish dialect, while walking on your hands, towards Kirsten Potter and ALL THAT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!)?

12:14 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger d said...

Amazingly enough, I didn't even know what you were talking about at first. No, there is no correlation between my dreams and school.

12:20 PM, August 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home