9.25.2006

he knows how many freckles she's got

dear friends,

today is my birthday. I love birthdays. I do. I don't get all those bah humbug birthday haters. even if I was turning 5000 (which come to think of it, I am) I would still be doing a little dance of me. because I love myself, word.

my birthday party is tomorrow at the delancey, the rest of the beg yr pardon folks have been kind enough to present this fĂȘte, billed as BYP #9. I'm a little terrified. & also excited. I have never had a birthday party with bands playing before & I can tell you, that's some kind of feverish high school dream come to life. where do I go from here? I need to start visualising greater spectacles for myself & wishing them into existence.

2. when I was a youngster, I saw this video late one night (I never slept) & it was another example of "I've never heard anyone that sounds like that, OH MY GOD, who is that?" etc... I became obsessed with this band, particularly their singer, who sounded like the freakin' FUTURE, & consequently had mi mamĂ­ take me & my cousin to see them at jones beach for my first rock concert ever! it was my birthday present that year. & it was awesome. my moms rules.

birthday/the sugarcubes



apparently, they've kinda reunited. maybe I'll get to see them again...

(starts daydreaming)

love, d

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!! tomorrow will be super...cant wait ;)

12:11 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Mike said...

hope you had/are having a great birthday!

11:05 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home