8.16.2006

stay while you can

dear friends,

do you ever have one of those moments where you think to yourself, "why o why do I talk SO MUCH?" I had several of those at last night's beg yr pardon # 6 party, I blame the beer. & the musical thrills. what can I say? I was high on life & hops.

thank you so much cassettes won't listen, ezmachine, my teenage stride & animandible! in addition to getting to see you all play in one place, it was nice to finally meet you face to face!

thank you jeff k & matilda von crumbcake for adding to the night's soundtrack with your dj-ing skillz! I boogied to serge gainsbourg & lee hazelwood. sexy sleaze in two languages! that's educational.

for some video of the cassettes won't listen set go over to merry swankster.

for some audience perpective from the latter part of the night go over to the music slut.

(one of the d makes an ass of herself highlights was my going up to a random lady audience member & yellin', "HEY SLUT!" thinking that she was one of the music slut folks. she was not. that was awesome. I should never be allowed to speak.)

tonight, I will go see step up. when ballet meets hip hop, there can only be excellence!

love, d

ps if you weren't at BYP last night, do yourselves a big favor & make sure you get to the crackers united presents friction show next wednesday so you can see cassettes won't listen for yourselves. TRUST ME. get your tickets now!

songs to seek: slee-z machine/ezmachine, reversal of red bird/my teenage stride, fuck the prom/animandible, summer vacation/cassettes won't listen

(NB: a remixed version of summer vacation, renamed picket fences, was SO fantastic last night! back-up lady singers! mc! my dragging people from upstairs so they wouldn't miss it! I wish I had a copy of that performance!

for those of you who were equally frothing at the mouth over it, the mc was bisc one, back up singers were thimali & mariella, & devang shah was on hand drum. you can download picket fences on bisc ones's my space page)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger m said...

nice to meet you, d!

hope to see you again soon.

4:25 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger d said...

likewise!

4:40 PM, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had an awesome time & was so happy you asked me to DJ -- thanks!! xo c

8:53 AM, August 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home