5.16.2006

Speaking of monkeys

Burning Monkey Solitaire is the best solitaire there is. As you play, the monkeys make fun of you. And if you get tired of them making fun of you you can shoot one with a flaming arrow.

My boss told me I have to post that or I'm fired.

To make this post about music, I am now going to list all the songs I can think of about either primates or burning.

1. "Ape Man", The Kinks

2. "Burning Love", Elvis Presley

3. ....

Okay, I ran out of songs about primates and burning. You'd think there'd be more. There's like a million songs about love or depression or sunshine but nothing about burning. Or monkeys. Or solitaire.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger d said...

there's plenty of songs about monkeys. for example, one of my favorite songs evah, monkey man by the rolling stones. that one has lemon squeezing in it too as an added bonus.

11:54 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Tavie said...

Oh, Rolling Stones, I know nothing of them.







No, seriously, I don't.

8:48 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"monkey begun" - lou barlow.

"fire coming out of a monkey's head" - from the last gorillaz album.

"the monkey song" - the mtn goats.

"stay monkey" - julie ruin.

ok I know these songs may not be "about" monkeys per se but when I think of songs with "monkey" in the title, this is what I think of. and the gorillaz song implies both simians and burning. so there you go.

5:14 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Tavie said...

Yeah, that gorillaz title is definitely a double-whammy. I am impressed.

10:28 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Kirsten said...

This monkey's Gone to Heaven?

Shock That Monkey - TLC

Curious George the curious little Monkey (TV theme song)

4:44 AM, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home