11.23.2005

A Random Thort

My contribution to last weekend's MiG recording was fueled by a potent aural blend of Joy Division and Fleetwood Mac. I feel that's the perfect combination. Just like sweet apples and sharp cheddar cheese. Plus they'd have covered each other's songs nicely. I can definitely see Ian Curtis spazzing his severe way through "The Chain" - and we may still be able to convince Stevie to add a velvet touch to "Leaders of Men." That would fucking rule.

On another note, psychedelic gadfly and stage conversationist extraordinaire Genesis P-Orridge wrote an early tribute song to Mr. Curtis (who was apparently supposed to have been a part of Psychic TV) entitled "I.C. Water". Get it? "I.C." - Ian Curtis ... "I See Water" ... or "Icy Water". Say what you will about Mr./Ms. G.P-O, he/she knows how to title a damn song. Unlike my band.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger d said...

ouch. you better hope none of those punks read this or else you'll get an earful. or is that earfull? full of ear?

1:28 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Big Red said...

I'm as guilty as anyone else.

1:40 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger tina said...

Our song titles do suck.

2:07 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Big Red said...

Jeremy's are usually okay - but that's cause he comes up with them when he writes the song, rather than, say, five minutes before a gig or recording session because one is needed.

2:09 PM, November 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home