6.15.2005

Yappari Natsu Da: It's Summer Alright

As I type this, the sky looks pissed off. Like some people I know, huffingly pretty right before a fit. However, as it's summer, the fit isn't entirely unwelcome. I thought this post might be timely. Listen to this song anywhere. Anytime. Walk home to it. It'll take you elsewhere.

I saw Miho Hatori and Smokey Hormel at TONIC a couple years ago and they had the house in the palms of their hands. It was absurdly hot. It was absurdly crowded. The mojitos were absurdly strong. Everyone was dancing and it was perfectly right. I mean everyone. Those who could hear the rhythm. Those who couldn't. With eachother. With themselves. Strangers. Friends. That guy. Hell, you were too.

Fucking sublime.

This song is, as Dorothy Parker might say, "intimate as the rustle of sheets". The English lyrics in the song I'm not entirely sure about. They're phrased kind of awkwardly so maybe I'm not hearing them right.

Summer Rain

Ame tsuzuki no On rainy days
konna hi wa like this
odorimashou let's dance together

sekai kara And from the world
hanarete we'll detach
zutto for a while
sotto gently (softly, secretly)

Oh jikan ni Oh we'll take some time
okuremashou only five minutes
go fun dake we'll wrap the memory
tsutsumimashou gently (softly, secretly)
omoide wo for a while
sotto
zutto

Oh can you tell me why
You know the way you make me feel
So tell me your right
to have your time
my heart is beating to the
gentle samba of the summer

Ame tsuzuki no On rainy days like these
konna hi wa
odorimashou let's dance together

Futari dake Just the two of us
jikan ni We'll take some time
okuremashou
go fun dake Just five minutes
tsutsumimashou We'll wrap the memories
omoidewa
sotto softly (gently; secretly)
zutto for a while

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tavie said...

Who looks huffingly pretty before a fit?

11:09 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Not you. =PP

11:57 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger Tavie said...

Aw, I wasn't fishing, I really want to know who.

Is it W?

9:03 AM, June 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home