11.13.2006

I'd like to thank you for everything/primarily your glass house

Dear friends,

I am currently listening to my favorite album of all time in its brand new remastered with extra tracks plus a fat booklet form.

Understandably, I can't write anything coherent about it at this time. Too busy bopping about like a Muppet. I will though. Later this week.

In the meantime, have a listen to a particularly goofy number from said album. I described this song yesterday as being 100% HALF-ASS, in that everything about its execution: the lyrics, the playing, EVERYTHING, sounds made up on the spot, dressed in a potato sack and then thrown out the window. "Maybe/someone is gonna save me/My heart is made of gravy." Hoo boy. And they STILL slapped it on the record. Nevertheless, as The Monkey brilliantly pointed out, if you don't like this trifle, you could never love Pavement. True dat.

AT&T/Pavement (YouSendIt download)

Let me know when you're ready for the stronger stuff.

Love, D

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this one from the start. Probably the catchiest song on the album, which considering how tossed off it seems is pretty impressive. They just had a million unstoppable songs lying around. How did "Give it a Day" get shunned in the album selection process, though? That's what I want to know. I have Pavement fever too, and put up that crazy jam band version of "Type Slowly" from the generally pretty crap Tibetan Freedom Concert album. Later.

12:05 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger d said...

Ha! I bought that tibetan freedom concert cd just for that song!

I might be wrong, but I think that AT&T was actually one of WZ's singles, which is just crazy to me!

as for the extra tracks, I've always loved easily fooled (it was on the single for rattled by the rush) & I still don't get why it was left off. it's such a sly, loopy sexy number.

12:17 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger therese said...

d- whenever I hear their version of "No More Kings" I picture you wagging your finger and declaring, "It's called taxation without representation, and it's NOT FAIR!"

12:34 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger d said...

can you believe I lost my copy of schoolhouse rock? I'm tres, tres sad.

12:53 PM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the singles were just Rattled and Father to a Sister...
I remember that because there was a great line in that "Slow Century" documentary where he says he proposed those two as singles because "I was smoking slot of grass around that time and they sounded like hits to me." That's rad.

2:13 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home