6.27.2005

And Then God Said Bend Over

Jesus.

Fuck.

Me.

I must rant, m'friends. I must rave. About what? About fate.

So as some of you know, ín a month I am being deported to Japan to teach English for a year in the JET program. My placement is called Niigata.

On July 29th through July 31st, the largest live rock music festival in Japan (Fuji Rock Festival) will be taking place in Niigata ken.

Where will I be?

In Tokyo.

Attending

Seminars

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!

Why must fate assrape me???? If I were being placed ANYWHERE else! Shizuoka ken! Aomori! Gunma even, I would not be as pained as I am.

The lineup:

QURULI (AwjesusawSHIT), BRAHMAN (HOLYFUCK!!!), FOO FIGHTERS (meeeow), BEACH BOYS, MOBY, COLDPLAY, FATBOY SLIM, BECK (*droool*), NEW ORDER, IMAWANO KIYOSHIRO (can'tbreathe), TOKYO SKA PARADISE (*turningblue*) PRIMAL SCREAM, THE HIGH-LOWS, POGUES, EGO-WRAPPIN', CAKE, SHERBETS(KenichiAsaiKenichiAsaiKenichifuckmeAsai), SAMBO MASTER, LOVE PSYCHEDELICO (*weep*), CLAMMBON, LOSALIOS (Kenichi Asai AGAIN!) TOWA TEI, CRAZY KEN BAND, BOOM BOOM SATELLITES, DRESDEN DOLLS, ROVO, PE'Z, TAKKYU ISINO and so on...


If you want me I'll be in a corner smoking and cursing that fat black lesbian in the sky.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger george said...

HOLY CRAP!! THE BEACH BOYS AND THE SHERBERTS ON THE SAME BILL!!!!

Just kidding. Seriously though, that sucks. But just think of all the other cool shows you'll see when you're out there. YOu'll have to report back and tell us if all the Japanese people still sit politely at all the concerts like I heard they did. If so, please be sure to be the one obnoxious American screaming and dancing.

2:33 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Kenichi Asai has TWO fooking bands on the same bill and I am denied both! It ain't fair, I tellz ya! For Asai I would endure a mass concert in a nation that systematically shuns deoderant.

Beach Boys? They did Kokomo, right? ^^

My one saving grace is that Quruli is planning a tour from Kyoto to Osaka that'll last til December so while my family observes the Yuletide cheer, I shall be in the front row gazing at Shigeru through girly loving tears.

Seeing footage from a Shiina Ringo live concert, the Japanese fans are quite active. They move, they mosh, they boogie but what's weird is that they all seem to do it in unison. Just a crowd full of people clapping their hands in the air at exactly the same time.

Vibrant. But freaky.

I remember seeing a Bowie concert many moons ago and the loudest screeches by far came not from the burly plaid-wearing truckers, the hell's angels or even the gospel choir behind us but this one Japanese woman screaming her head off:

"KAKKO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" (COOOOOOOL!)

8:24 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger jess said...

Sounds cool, all of it. While you're in your seminar, be strong and remember that you wouldn't have gotten to Japan if it weren't for that seminar (or tell yourself that, anyway). I know you'll catch a good show and a good time while you're there. My bro decided to do a bit more school before he applys for that program....I think he's a shoo-in.

12:39 PM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home