3.10.2008

My eyes were blind but you turned on the moon

Dear friends,

I'd like to draw your attention to something lovely.

(photo by Lars Stephen)

Last week, Stereogum* debuted the fabulous new video to Dean and Britta's cover of Ann-Margret and Lee Hazlewood's You Turn My Head Around.

You Turn My Head Around/Dean and Britta (video)


DISCLAIMER! I am SO biased because I am friends with the clip's talented director, Sera Rogacki AND I had a hand in casting the video. I wear many hats. Anywho, I'm loving the way this Jacques Dutronc inspired mini-movie turned out! Check it out and bask in the cameos by Oweinama from Madam Robot and The Lust Brigade, Lady Byrd from Who Needs Radio, Demetri Martin, Olga Bell from Bell, George and Jess from El Jezel and Sammy and Cesar from The Lisps!

(photo by Lars Stephen)

Here's the original version for the purists...

You Turn My Head Around/Ann-Margret and Lee Hazlewood (mp3)

Purchase The Cowboy and the Lady by Lee Hazlewood and Ann-Margret from eMusic.


Do give the cover a listen. Britta's vocal is effortless which is no small feat given the song's tonal-shift demands. From pretty and soft to soaring and exuberant, that drawn out shout of "Baaaabyyyyyyyyyy!" sounds like love in all its Springtime hues.


Purchase Back Numbers by Dean and Britta on Amazon Digital.

Love, D

* The 'Gum video player was giving me issues, freezing repeatedly, so rather than link, I embedded this one from You Tube instead.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surprised to see how utterly corny (and badly made) this video was after your description. I really like Dean and Britta, and thought they would make better videos than this. Maybe they threw a bone to a film student- times must be tough.

3:47 PM, April 20, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a brilliant video! Shot in a very simple style, it captures the romance and beauty of the song with distraction. Thank God for it's simplicity in an era of grossly over-produced MTV videos. Bravo, D&B!

10:16 AM, September 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home