5.08.2005

ch-ch-chain... chain of events, or, the human serviette, or, not exactly something to listen to, but kind of, in a way

1. The family was in town today for Mother's Day brunching.
2. The brother wanted to look for records, so naturally I took the gang over to Somethin' Else.
3. The moms and the brother grubbed through the bins for Sun Ra records, pausing only to examine the Freddie Hubbard vinyl (how I managed to come from such a decidedly rock-averse family, I will never know).
4. I happened to notice a Sonics record in the S bin. "Oh, the Sonics," I thought to myself. "I don't have any of their records. I should plunder the internet for them later."
5. The family left a half hour ago and I sat down to do the plundering. For some reason when I typed the word "Sonics" into PlunderWire, the word "serviette" popped into my head. I mulled this for a while (downloading from 3 hosts) and mulled (clear inactive) and mulled and then I realized the connection between the words "Sonics" and "serviette." Like, duh!
6. Nardwuar.

6 Comments:

Blogger d said...

true that. & obviously they inspire to dispense entirely with long-windedness.

11:27 AM, May 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom is a Sun Ra fan?!?!

1:35 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger mary said...

yes. sonics awesome.

and yes, the moms is mildly obsessed with sun ra. my brother has had way more influence on her musical taste than I have. weird that she will watch the arkestra videos for hours, but can't handle sonic youth.

2:42 PM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Bryan said...

nick said that your family has 'very hip taste.' hah.

11:59 PM, May 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure I follow the link between The Sonics and The Human Serviette that is Nardwuar... But I am intrigued...

5:11 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger mary said...

nardwuar is extremely obsessed with the sonics, and often brings them up in his interviews.

11:03 AM, May 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home