1.31.2007

I'm all about you, you're all about me, we're all about each other

Dear friends,

1. I don't even know what started the whole betting thing. The Monkey does not like to bet on frivolous things but I do. For tiny amounts of money like ten cents or a quarter. This time the bet was really rather ridiculous, way more so than usual. I had just bumped into my friend Jen D at the ATM earlier in the night and I bet J that we wouldn't bump into anyone else we knew at the Peter, Bjorn and John show at the Bowery Ballroom. The SOLDOUT Peter, Bjorn and John show. Less than an hour later, I had lost three times over. I told you it was silly. I'm a silly girl.

2. When PB&J scampered out and tore into their first song, I turned to J and squealed "Oooh, they're so cute and Beatle-y!" It's true! They wiggled with scream and shout excitement in their little suit and tie outfits and the audience responded with such good will that I forgot I was in the heart of in-the-know-land. There was a champagne sweetness to the proceedings; a thousand balloons wouldn't have been out of place.

3. While my favorite song of the night was Amsterdam, a song I actually don't care for very much on the album but am now a fan of thanks to Bjorn PB&J's hesitant, lyric stumbling, stopping and starting, utterly charming live performance, it was Paris 2004 that was in my head this morning. I like to imagine it as a Young Folks 2, We're Loving Life! in that it describes the warm sheet, warm body beauty of a deepening relationship. The nervous excitement has been replaced by an all around glow and you take to the streets of whichever city you're vacationing in like a pair of bandits, hand in hand. You only have a few days and you'll spend most of them inside but wasn't it the best vacation ever? Aren't you sad you had to come back?

4. Song to seek:

Paris 2004/Peter Bjorn and John

5. Writer's Block FINALLY comes out domestically on Feb 6th. Perfect for Valentine's Day if you're the romantic sort. I know I am.

Love, D

PS Ryspace has a few MP3s of last night's show! Whatcha waitin' for? Go get 'em!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm only getting 4 seconds of music out of the paris 2004 link. is it me?

4:55 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger d said...

Thanks for the heads up. It worked for me this morning but I'll have someone else check on it.

5:06 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home