1.23.2007

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

The first HOT ROCKs '50s/'60s Dance Party is taking place tonight, Tuesday the 23rd! I am DJing/hosting the event. Below I have included some FAQs.

1) What's Hot Rocks?
Hot Rocks is a new retro dance party where DJs (myself included) will be playing all sorts of '50s and '60s garage, surf, oldies, and British Invasion: Rolling Stones, Kinks, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, Nancy Sinatra, Dick Dale, Animals, Zombies, Shocking Blue, MC5, and many more.

2) Do I have to dance?
You do NOT have to dance. The Delancey has seating in its bar area, where you can burn off just as many calories drinking as you would dancing. Yeah, I said it.

3) I'm anti-social. Am I going to have fun?
Yes. There are plenty of corners from which you can silently judge partygoers. And, by all means, do feel free to make friends with the lava lamp. Or come chat with me, because I'm anti-social as well.

4) What should I wear?
You can wear anything you want! I encourage '50s/'60s attire, but it's not required. Initially, I was going to dress as Edie Sedgwick or Neil Armstrong, but I decided on something a little different.

5) How much does Hot Rocks cost and how do I get there?
Admission is $3 at the door; there will be $3 PBRs all night. I will be bringing about ten pounds of retro candy for you, because sugar complements booze so well. The Delancey is located at 168 Delancey St. (J to Essex or F to Delancey). The party is downstairs. Where the cool kids are.

I hope to see you there! The party starts at 8pm. If you can't make it, the second Hot Rocks party will take place Tuesday, February 6th; after that, The Delancey is moving us to Friday nights. Feel free to email me with any questions, song requests, et cetera, or join us on MySpace. Groovy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home