4.18.2005

we are here to rock the microphone

1. As promised here is the Soft Communication recommended songs for March '05 wrap-up. I did one song per artist unless an entire album was recommended. For those of you who wrote about artists but didn't recommend a particular album or track, I went and found one (as noted by an *). If the one I chose is not the one you would go with, or I made a mistake, contact me and I will change it accordingly.

Songs:

Donovan/Atlantis
Bearsuit/Chargr
The Coup/Repo Man
50 Foot Wave/Clara Bow
Smart Went Crazy/I Liked You Better When*
Aspera/Mountains Will Give
Julie Doiron/Last Night*
Bbob Dylan/Visions of Johanna
Ben Watt and Robert Wyatt/Slipping Slowly
Arthur Russell/I Take This Time*
Louis XIV/Finding Out True Love Is Blind
Kings of Convenience/Know How
Nouvelle Vague/Wishing (If I Had A Photograph)
The Mountain Goats/No Children*
Nothing Painted Blue/Big Pink Heart
Franklin Bruno/Medium of Exchange
Slint/Good Morning Captain*
Original Cast recording, Assassins/Ballad of Czolgosz
Original Soundtrack, Hedwig & The Angry Inch/Sugar Daddy
Recoys/Blizzard of '93
Secret Machines/What Used To Be French
The Rolling Stones/Street Fighting Man
Frank Black/Hang On To Your Ego
The Raveonettes/Noisy Summer
Shiina Ringo/Stoicism
Iron & Wine/Such Great Heights
Ryoko Hirouse/Private
The Duke Spirit/Cuts Across The Land
Dresden Dolls/Good Day
Regina Spektor/Carbon Monoxide
Nellie McKay/David
Madeleine Peyroux/Between The Bars
Neko Case/Furnace Room Lullaby
The Pipettes/Simon Says
Diane Cluck/Easy To Be Around
New Order/Fine Time
The Misfits/Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?

Albums:

Loud Family/Plants and Birds and Rocks and Things
Bearsuit/Cat Spectacular!

2. I got no feedback on the mix exchange front in my last post Contributor Cheez vs Contributor George) so I'm gonna go ahead and take the road betwixt the most favorable and less traveled. I need four volunteers for (deep movie preview guide voice) The first official Soft Communication mix exchange! (Cue mix exchange fanfare). I have a particular theme in mind, so whoever agrees is gonna have to blindly accept the unknown...you've been warned (it's not really that bad). Holla back y'all.

4 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

...crickets.

d, I'd step up, but the only mix I'm gonna be making in the next few weeks is, um, uh... my pun juice ran out. point being, school ending = synapses frying.

I'm confused though. do the mixes have to use the soft comm songs listed above? or others?

4:21 PM, April 19, 2005  
Blogger george said...

hey! i tried to post a reply on that post you did about the mixes but the thingy was all messed up. maybe that happened to others?

Anyways, count me in if you'd like.

6:23 AM, April 20, 2005  
Blogger d said...

yeah, there's was something funky going on. or people are...disinterested. SOB. well, so far it's you & me. how much prep time do you think I should give? I don't recall how much time cheez gave.

2:05 PM, April 20, 2005  
Blogger d said...

ps: & no, miss mary, that's just a wrap-up list in a nod to jlm & for handy reference use. the mix itself, has a theme, this time chosen by me (I'd like other theme makers in future), & it is (DRUMROLL)... something exciting!

actually, maybe this is why george is the only taker.

2:13 PM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home