5.14.2005

"The Ewok Song"- Great Modern Folk song or just annoying crap? Discuss!

Since I've got Star Wars fever, I thought I would make this musical contribution to soft communication:
When I was 9, and "Jedi" came out I bought the soundtrack and found myself obsessed with the last track - "The Ewok Song" Here, for your enjoyment, is a link to the song and a copy of it's lyrics in both Ewok and Human.
May the Farce Be With You!
pete

http://www.erwintang.com/jedi02.html

Ewok Song
Ewok Version

Yub nub
eee chop yub nub
ah toe meet toe pee-chee keene
g'noop dock fling oh ah
Yah wah
eee chop yah wah
ah toe meet toe pee-chee keene
g'noop dock fling oh ah
Coatee chah tu yub nub
coatee chah tu yahwah
coatee chah tu glowah
allay loo ta nuv
Glowah
eee chop glowah
ya glowah pee chu nee foam
ah toot dee awe goon daa
Coatee cha tu goo (Yub nub!)
coatee cha tu doo (Yahwah!)
coatee cha tu too (Ya chaa!)
allay loo ta nuv
allay loo ta nuv
allay loo ta nuv
Glowah
eee chop glowah
ya glowah pee chu nee foam
ah toot dee awe goon daa
Allay loo ta nuv


English Version

Freedom
we got freedom
and now that we can be free
come on and celebrate
Power
we got power
and now that we can be free
it's time to celebrate
Celebrate the freedom
celebrate the power
celebrate the glory
celebrate the love
Power
we got power
and now that we can be free
it's time to celebrate
Celebrate the light (freedom!)
celebrate the night (power!)
celebrate the fight (glory!)
celebrate the love
celebrate the love
celebrate the love
Glory
we found glory
the power showed us the light
and now we all live free
Celebrate the love

4 Comments:

Blogger d said...

oh pete. yub nub? I just wanna see some wookie armies providing an ass whuppin'. hopefully set to a wah-wah laden soundtrack.

on a seemingly random but somewhat related note, I've always wanted to get my paws on the wicker man soundtrack. anyone out there own it?

11:02 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger therese said...

Personally, I'm partial to the band in the Mos Eisley Cantina. They kind of make me want to get drunk and do the Charleston.

11:42 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger d said...

didn't the silver jews have a number called the star wars cantina? I have a vague memory of that...

bashota!

11:46 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger george said...

i vote annoying crap!

3:03 PM, May 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home